What is SEO, and Why is it Essential for Your Business?
SEO stands for “search engine optimization”. Search engine optimization increases the quality and quantity of website traffic as well as exposure to your brand that are vital to your website’s performance. It is an essential ingredient to improve user exposure, engagement and to ensure that these engagements turn into leads and potential customers.There are two categories of SEO:
- On-Page SEO
On-page SEO primarily consists of strategic placement of keywords on your website. Keywords in the title, keywords in the meta description, keywords in the header text, content and so on. On-page SEO includes factors that you can control on your own website.
- Off-Page SEO
Off-page SEO consists of whatever is done on other websites that can affect your ranking including social media and blogs. Generally, when a customer or a user types a search query in a search engine, the search engine algorithms look into their index and try to find the best pages which satisfy the needs of the user in best possible way.
It takes understanding, effective execution and time for both on-page and off-page SEO strategies to increase any website ranking on search engines. Better website rankings get you listed at the top of search results and maximize your business exposure.Why is SEO Essential for Your Business?
- SEO is the way Google determines which sites deserve high rankings for each query that is entered into the search engine. SEO is important because it keeps search results fair and the modern SEO techniques enable the search engines to list those websites on top that consist of organic results.
- This reduces the ability to manipulate these results as much as possible, so the websites that appear for each search exist because they deserve to be there. So, if you have an SEO friendly website, you surely will be noticed and acknowledged.
- Websites that attract visitors are correlated with higher search engine rankings. So if your website meets the on-page and off-page SEO criteria you will have a better chance of showing up which means, that your competitors can’t take your place by merely using paid advertisement or expensive software.
- Users trust search engines and reaching the top position in search engine rankings signals searchers that your site is a credible source. The higher you rank on the search engine results page, the more clicks and traffic your site will generate. SEO also improves user experience, making it more likely for customers to become repeat buyers.
- SEO is a cost-effective marketing tool to drive quality traffic to your website.